1 June 2012

Sand dunes, rolling hills, seaside and tapas!

I know, it's been ages since I was last here!  I've been so busy travelling and not had a minute to update the blog!

So, without further ado  - here's a quick update of what I've been up to:




First, a few lovely days in sunny, sandy Dubai catching up with my lovely daughter Louisa and her husband Matt.



Then it was on to UK where the weather was really cold and wet,  but I so enjoyed the lovely rolling countryside, charming little towns and villages, spring flowers and bracing sea air!   I had an exciting week house hunting in Devon and Cornwall, but more on that another time!





Next, I flew via Dubai again back to Malaysia with  just enough time to repack my bags and head off for a gorgeous week by the sea in  Bali!  I have lots of photos of arts and crafts that I hope to share with you later!






On our return to Malaysia our other lovely daughter Julie came to stay for a week  - we enjoyed some good meals out including tapas at Pinchos our favourite bar - yum!  On a less happy note we helped Bob, our one-eyed kitty, pack his toys in preparation for his move to his  new home this week:(



We will be moving from KL soon.  We were all very sad to see him leave :( but he has gone to a loving family so I am sure he is good hands.  

Now I have the weekend to regroup before our brother in law Rein and niece Saskia come to stay from Holland! It may be a while before I am able to blog again!





10 comments:

  1. Glad you could share so much today...such beautiful family and place shots! Love all that color.
    If you move to Devon you can meet Ann Hyde a wonderful artist I've met through her blog, perhaps you know her or of her already!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a diverse world. Awwww, caroline, you are moving into another chapter in your life. How exciting!!! I am so excited for you. The rolling hills look great! Best of luck and more power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving,,,I can write a book on it too. Good luck house hunting. Lovely photo montages you show ....Bob gets to stay in familiar territory...I know what that is like too....have a good time with your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have missed you Caroline but I thought you would return with lots of beautiful travel shots to share with us! I love the way you have displayed them. It must be heartbreaking to say goodbye to Bob but knowing you are doing the best for him will help.

    PS I am envious of Devon or Cornwall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do get around! and so quickly I am dizzy! Love your photos! Especially of England- though the weather is the worst it is a gem of an island...plus most everyone speaks English- so helpful! And where will you be moving without the one eyed kitty? He is a lovely thing! I do hope his new home loves him as he should be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is all so great. i can feel your excitement with it all. i've wondered about the move so here it is: can't wait to see the new place you will live.

    you have arranged this travelogue just beautifully. a whirlwind. but a happy worldwind whirlwind, yes?

    bob is an obvious gem ♥
    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a roller coaster kind of life you have and going to be leading !
    Lots of changes.
    Will you take Tia with you to the UK?
    Wishing you luck with everything and packing up your whole life there in KUL.
    You will miss certain things no doubt but the UK has other beautiful things.......
    Take care♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Caroline, looking forward to hearing more about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Caroline! Goodness, there's been so much going on in your world..thank you for sharing it with us..oh my, Dubai looks wonderful, and then to the UK..house hunting?! I am jealous! : ) And then Bali, and Malaysia. I am wishing you all the best with your plans and look forward to reading your next post! Happy June and best wishes, Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by. I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin