16 August 2011

Postcards from the English Lake District


We've been holidaying in the English Lake District many times over the years. This year we stayed a couple of nights in the delightful Punchbowl Inn at Crosthwaite (top pic, 1st left) and then a week in Grasmere in a little cottage a stone's throw from William Wordsworth's Dove Cottage (there's a small photo of this below -see image 2, second row, 1st on left - the strawberries next to it were growing on the garden wall!). Do click the images to enlarge.

Every day we walked miles, up hill and down dale. The scenery is so beautiful - it's got to be one of my most favourite places in the world!


We had a great time despite some pretty grim weather!

Lots of wonderful memories! Can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

  1. Caroline! It has been far too long since I've stopped by..my apologies! Gorgeous photos, and oh my goodness the recent posts are fabulous too - I especially am enjoying your art-in-action images..what a treat. How lovely to see your new banner too. Hope all is well in your world..things are busy here, but good! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your views of Britain Caroline. You should have stopped by and said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I do believe I'm turning green with envy at seeing and staying in such a wonderful place!

    Thanks for sharing—so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok then, A new thing to add to my list of desirable places to find myself..The photos are stunning, comfortable, envy creating. I think that I could live there, no problem...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why this is your favourite place. Oh my, the lushness of it all! Wonderful photos, especially of you. You look great!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by. I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin