20 January 2009

Chinese New Year



It's almost Chinese New Year! Say goodbye to the Year of the Rat - this one will be the Year of the Ox.

I thought I'd share a few photos of the decorations, goodies to buy and amazing craftsmanship I've spotted around KL recently.



Boxes of yummy things!



Thought the boxes were really pretty, so just had to take a couple of close-ups too!





Festive Chinese lanterns.


Amazing pictures painted on the inside of glass!





Bamboo plants fashioned into pineapples! If you look closely you'll see a smaller one inside the large plant!


This lady makes beautiful cloisonne zodiac pictures.





I bought a little book containing 12 traditional papercuts representing the Chinese zodiac signs - pictured here are the Rat, Ox, Rooster and Snake. So intricate - wish I had such patience!



My zodiac sign is Goat! Want to find out what yours is? Click here


If you are interested you can find out more about Chinese New Year, its origins and traditions here and here.

'Kung Hei Fat Choy'/'Gong Xi Fa Cai'! Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Thank you for passing by. I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin